- Charters leave promptly at the posted time regardless of what the internet forecasts might predict. Only the Captain can cancel a charter and often times the forecast and what we see “on the dock” don’t agree. In the rare event of a cancellation we will try to contact you by the preferred method you selected when signing up.
- If you choose not to show up, are running late and miss the boat or if you cannot do all the dives, you are not entitled to any refund or credit of the trip, rental gear, divemaster tours, etc.
- If you cancel 7 or more days prior to the charter we can offer a full refund.
- If you cancel with 2-6 days of notice we can offer you 50% credit toward another charter within a year.
- If you cancel less then 2 days before the charter then we can’t offer any refund unless we can fill your space with another passenger. If your space is filled we can offer you 50% credit toward another charter within a year.
- Promotionally priced or specialty charters are not refundable.
- Bookings of 6 or more divers are not refundable unless specified in a separate agreement.
- We don’t usually have extra gear on board, so if you forgot something you might be sitting out the dives. Double check your gear before we push away from the dock!
- We’re happy to try to accommodate your special requests (like fish counting, stopping to photograph sea lions, etc) and we work hard to be flexible but sometimes there are regulations or logistical problems that make it impossible. Please ask us as early as possible!
- Being seasick sucks. Even if you think you don’t get seasick you still might; we have lots of experience beating seasickness. Check out our seasickness section for info on what to take and when to take it!
- If you don’t have a buddy let us know when you signup, we’ll try and pair you up with someone cool and let you both chat before the trip. We can’t always find everyone a buddy; if we can’t match you up we strongly recommend you signup for a Divemaster Guided Dives. The closer to the trip you sign-up the less likely it will be to find you a buddy!
- Certification Requirements.
All divers must have, at least, an Open Water or equivalent certification card from a nationally recognized certification organization.
The crew may request to see your certification card (and/or the certification card for specific to the equipment you are diving).
If you do not have the certification available the crew, at their discretion, may not permit you to dive at all or with the equipment that necessitates a specific certification (and we will provide no refund or credit of any kind).
If you have questions about if your certification is sufficient email us when you book your trip and we will advise you.
- Getting Banned. We hate having to spoil anyone’s fun but if your dive style, attitude, physical fitness, equipment, etc puts yourself or other divers at undue risk we’ll have to have words. If it keeps happening, you’ll get `das boot`!
- Non-divers are welcome to come along at the charter price if there is space and they’re over 15 years old (no…our crew isn’t free babysitting!). But, please think about this! Your friend may have an awesome time checking out the wildlife. Or your non-diving buddy might not be a boat person - they may be bored and queasy all day and you’ll lose a buddy! The Aquarium, Fisherman’s Wharf, and all the cool areas of Monterey are tons of fun and then you all can get together for lunch to swap stories!
- We always try to go to Carmel but we cannot guarantee Carmel. So, unless a trip is specifically a Monterey Bay trip,
you can be assured we'll make our best effort to make the run the south but sometimes it's just too rough!
- Email Communications. We may send you emails prior to your charter. These emails include important information like changes to departure times, depths and could even include charter cancellation notice due to weather/conditions. You are responisble to read these emails so please add the charter confirmation email you recieved to your address book and if you do not get an email confirmation call us immediately. We usually send emails on or before the Thursday before the charter.
- Mins and Maxs. Our minimum to go is 4 divers booked by Friday morning. Our maximum is 10. Occationally, dive shops booking the whole boat will choose to put on more divers.